Thursday 14 May 2015

Stuff & Things: Summer Camp Edition

I am three sleeps away from the beginning of camp. This fact continues to blow my mind as I look at my Must Do List, my Want To Do List, and the multiple piles of stuff covering every available surface in my bedroom. I can't say I'm stressed per say, but I find the deepest, darkest corners of my mind wishing there was more hours in the day. Of course that isn't going to happen so I'm just going to have to put on my big girl drawers and get things done.

I am over the moon excited about being snail mail Camp Prayer Partners with Allie this summer!

Last night I spent over 3 hours cutting out tokens to use during a Staff Training activity based on The Spoon Theory. I'm excited about the activity, however my hand hurts from cutting hundreds of little paper squares. And I'm not even close to done yet.

I usually choose a verse for the summer but none have really come to me this summer. 

I have no idea where my phone charger is located. I saw it yesterday evening at 6:00 and when I went to plug my phone in at 10:30 I couldn't remember what I did with the thing. I assume it accidentally got buried beneath a pile of clothes or papers or is hiding beneath the tower or Larabars I have on top of my dresser. So many options. Update: It was downstairs on the kitchen cupboard. Apparently taking it upstairs to my room was a figment of my imagination.


Sunday I have a 6-7 hour drive to camp ahead of me. That kind of car time requires some serious music, currently very open to suggestions for some new music. I mostly listen to country and upbeat worship type music. And I prefer male singing voices to female (Except T-Swift, I love T-Swift always & forever). I flat out refuse to listen to anything with a bunch of swear words and tend not to like things that fall into the 'pop' category.

Today I have some utterly fabulous errands to run including a trip to the DMV, which I've been putting off for a month now but it needs to happen before I leave the province. I plan to cheer myself up afterwards with a trip to the grocery store.

I'm usually SO on top of craft ideas and planning activities for the summer. This year I have done next to nothing. I have a few crafts pinned on Pinterest but I haven't actually tried any of them to see if they work.

That's all I've got for today. I'm still in my pyjamas, and while I'm sure there will be at least one person impatiently waiting in their PJs at the DMV, I don't want that to be a conversation starter. Plus, I'm having dinner with J. and his parents tonight after I finish my errands.




No comments:

Post a Comment