Tuesday 26 May 2015

Camp, Camp, Camp It Up

Today is the last full day of staff training. I've been at camp since May 17 and have really only stopped to sleep and eat! We had a really hard winter and there was a lot of damage done to the camp buildings and grounds. One of the most major things was the fireplace had to be removed. So when I showed up to camp there were two pieces of plywood covering a giant hole in the wall where the fireplace used to be, it's 99.9% fully repaired now and back to being a wall.



I haven't been fully successful in my quest to balance camp life and "real life". There have been a few days that started promptly at 7:30 a.m. and ended long after midnight, there have also been a night or two when I stepped away and enjoyed the moment. Drinking pop, eating chips and catching up with N., purposely leaving items unchecked on my camp to do list so that I had time to FaceTime with J., making a very conscious and consistent effort to journal even just a paragraph with pen and paper every night before bed.

I've gotten out my camera a couple of times and all in all I'm feeling pretty good about this summer. As always, I'm anticipating a few bumps in the road but overall I feel good about the upcoming weeks! And once Training Week is over and camper sessions start my goal is to get into a much better routine which includes blogging at least a couple of times a week!




Until then, bare with me, I'm itching to catch up with blog posts and keep a record of my own summer adventures. 

1 comment:

  1. You are one busy lady! Have so much fun and yes take a moment for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete