Tuesday 15 April 2014

Tuesday Weekend Update

I’m  a day late to the party (of course) but I didn’t get a weekend recap post written Sunday and by the time I got home from work yesterday the only thing I wanted to do was eat supper and go to bed. Which is exactly what I did.

I can’t not blog about my weekend though because it was pretty great and needs to be shared with the world. Even though I didn't take a single photo of my weekend. 

Friday I was not a happy camper (as you may have guessed from this post). So I watched three hours of Top Chef Canada and by the time I went to bed at 11:00 I was in a much more agreeable mood. Cooking shows have a seriously calming effect on me. In fact I fall asleep to reruns of Good Eats pretty much every night.

Saturday morning I woke up around 9 and went through my usual Saturday morning routine of coffee, bagel and catching up with episodes of Ellen. I’ve really grown to appreciate quiet, unrushed, lingering mornings. I’m not exactly sure why, I’m never rushing to get out the door to work in the morning. I always have my clothes picked out and lunch made the night before. Knowing that I have to be somewhere by a specific time just sort of adds pressure to the morning. Eventually I showered and headed to the mall in search of a spring jacket.

I got lost trying to get to the mall because I hate driving in the city. I hate the city.

Once I rerouted myself (and got lost in the parking garage) I headed to Sports Check only to discover the jacket I was on a mission to buy wasn’t there in the colour I wanted. Womp womp. I opted for my second choice and so far no regrets.

I wasn’t in a big hurry to go anywhere so I browsed stores and tried on a few things. I bought another zip up hoddie at American Eagle because it was 70% off and I couldn’t leave it there. Eventually I decided it was time to find my way home but first I made the executive decision to treat myself to Starbucks. Because I’ve been living in the city for 3 months now and I haven’t had SB once. I opted for my go to Mocha Frappe and then had almost instant regret and remembered I should have ordered the iced Passion Fruit Tea. Next time.


I had left over pizza for supper and ended up ooVoo-ing with R. until midnight. It was delightful.

Sunday I had another lazy morning (and lazy afternoon too). My roommate’s Mom was in town for the weekend and she made us Sunday Supper. It was the perfect way to end the weekend/start the week. We had lasagna, salad, bread and for dessert she made homemade ice cream cake. I really wish I had of gotten a picture of the epic-ness that was the cake. But I was too busy eating to get my phone and take pictures. (Side Note: I’m going home for Easter and will finally be reunited with my camera!)

Yesterday was brutal. I was in such a good mood when I started the day and by the time 11 a.m. rolled around everyone else's crankiness had totally rubbed off on me. I really need to work harder on not letting other people's attitudes influence my mood. I think that'll be a summer goal! 

Luckily today was an improvement and I'm hopefully catching up with a friend later this week and then first thing Friday morning I am getting the heck out of the city and returning to the land of green grass and trees and back/front/side yards and miles away from any apartment or office buildings. I could not be happier. Seriously, I gave this whole living in the city thing a really good try but it is not for me. That's a whole different post though!

No comments:

Post a Comment