Wednesday 22 February 2017

What's Up Wednesday: February 2017

I had anticipated moving and starting a new job to be overwhelming...but I still under estimated just how overwhelming it would be. I really got thrown into things and in the past 3 weeks have finished work on time exactly once. But I'm carving out a bit of time tonight to fill out the What's Up Wednesday questionnaire because I know that I'll want to look back on it once things calm down! 


What I'm Eating This Week: My meals have been just as chaotic as life this month. I've mostly been invited out to eat as I get to know co-workers and community members so I haven't been doing much cooking myself. I did make some veggie pad thai to have for lunches and I'm thinking that there will be pizza in my future on the weekend!

What I'm Reminiscing About: I haven't had time to reminisce this month!

What I'm Loving: I had to think hard about this one. I guess I'm loving the security of knowing this is where I'll be for the next couple of years. Having that consistency will help me budget better, figure out some long term goals and be able to focus more on the present moment opposed to worrying about finding a new job in 6 months when that contract ends. 

What I've Been Up To: Just trying to keep my head above water.

What I've Been Dreading: I haven't really confronted the reality of not being at camp this year (or next year) and I know that's going to be rough. 

What I'm Working On: Learning how things are done around here. Figuring out a good rhythm to my day/week/month and balancing work and life. 

What I'm Excited About: I made it through the first month! It's been hard but I'm hopeful that from here things will get easier. I no longer feel like I'm going to burst into tears at any given moment because everything is just so overwhelming so I'm glad I'm over that hump. 

What I'm Watching: Scrubs! It's been my happy little escape this month and I'll be sad when it's over. The verdict is still out on whether or not I should watch the 9th season, I've heard it's pretty terrible. 

What I'm Reading: I intended on starting Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson but I didn't get any farther than borrowing the e-book. I don't have cable/satellite in my apartment which means I can't easily access the 6 o'clock news every day so I've also been making more of an effort to read the news online. 

What I'm Listening To: I've been listening to "How Things Work" podcasts on a fairly regular basis. 

What I'm Wearing: My go to outfit is usually dark pants and a sweater. When I'm not in the office it's been lots of jeans, t-shirts, cardigans and scarves. Currently I'm wearing pyjama pants and a Cabela's t-shirt because I'm aiming to be in bed by 10 p.m. 

What I'm Doing This Weekend: The last two weekends I've had previous commitments so this weekend I am looking forward to staying in bed until 8 maybe doing some work on January in my Project Life album and depending on the weather my mom is planning a visit on Saturday. 

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Moth: Settling into more of a routine. February has been off the wall in terms of schedules and planning. Most days I leave my apartment at 7:45 a.m. and don't return until 7:00 p.m.. It's definitely not what I had envisioned but I'm hoping that it's just a result of the transition and by the end of March my days will start to look a little more manageable. 

What Else Is New: It feels like everything is new this month! I want to add blogging back into my weekly routine because I know that I'll regret not documenting the beginning when I look back on this time. It just hasn't been something I've felt particularly compelled to prioritize with so much else going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment